Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/03 16:56:07 UTC

Using Karaf 2.2.9 for the 4.5.0 release?

L.S.,

As a preparation for the 4.5.0 release, I created JIRA issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1257 - I initially picked
version 2.3.0 of Karaf based on a recent mail by Claus on the dev@
list, but perhaps it would be better to go with the latest Karaf 2.2.9
release instead.

We already have the NMR and Features building against that version of
Karaf, so if we don't change that any more, we can start working on
our 4.5.0 release as soon as ActiveMQ 5.7.0 is available - there's a
new VOTE thread running for that at the moment, so we might even be
able to get everything ready and released this month.  We have been
talking about doing this Apache ServiceMix 4.5.0 release since the end
of May, so I would rather try and get it out as soon as possible.

After all, we can always do a 4.6.0 release once Karaf 2.3.0 (or even
Karaf 3.0.0) is out ;)

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: Using Karaf 2.2.9 for the 4.5.0 release?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI, xbean 3.12 release is in vote.

I think it's safer to stay with Karaf 2.2.x for 4.5.0, in order to avoid
to postpone 4.5.0 for too long.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Using Karaf 2.2.9 for the 4.5.0 release?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Gert,

IMHO, it makes sense to release 4.5.0 with 2.2.9 as we planned some
weeks ago (including the CXF/ActiveMQ/Camel versions).

As soon as Karaf 2.3.0, we can prepare a 4.6.0.

I think it would be a good sign to the community to have new releases ;)

Regards
JB

On 10/03/2012 04:56 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> As a preparation for the 4.5.0 release, I created JIRA issue
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1257 - I initially picked
> version 2.3.0 of Karaf based on a recent mail by Claus on the dev@
> list, but perhaps it would be better to go with the latest Karaf 2.2.9
> release instead.
>
> We already have the NMR and Features building against that version of
> Karaf, so if we don't change that any more, we can start working on
> our 4.5.0 release as soon as ActiveMQ 5.7.0 is available - there's a
> new VOTE thread running for that at the moment, so we might even be
> able to get everything ready and released this month.  We have been
> talking about doing this Apache ServiceMix 4.5.0 release since the end
> of May, so I would rather try and get it out as soon as possible.
>
> After all, we can always do a 4.6.0 release once Karaf 2.3.0 (or even
> Karaf 3.0.0) is out ;)
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Using Karaf 2.2.9 for the 4.5.0 release?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1 for using karaf 2.2.9 for Servicemix 4.5

Freeman
-------------
Freeman Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
The Karaf 2.3.0 RC is nearing
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF/fixforversion/12320554),
however I don't think it'll be available for at least another week
given some dependencies the project is waiting on (SMX specs 2.1).
Waiting for Karaf 2.3 will give SMX a new OSGi core rev, something I'm
sure a lot of developers will be happy to have available.

Cheers,
Jamie