Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ashish Repal <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/29 13:47:04 UTC

Need help in customization

Hi,
I am planning to develop ERP application for manufacturing industryusing
ofbiz.
For this I need to modify existing components, Catalog,facility,order,party
etc.
May be I think, I need to  extend these components or is there any other
way?

 I also have to add, remove entity fields from OFBIZ tables
so can I do it in my custom component's entitydef?
If yes, after build, this will overwrite existing table?

please guide.

Regards,
Aashish Repal

Re: Need help in customization

Posted by Ashish Repal <as...@gmail.com>.
okie.
Thanks for the info Jacques!

Regards,
Aashish Repal
09623381664

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Ashish Repal <as...@gmail.com>.
Ya..I have gone through that link.
my doubt is, if i extend any component say catalog, and modify its
entitydef with my requirements will it change the original table structure?

Aashish

On Saturday, November 29, 2014, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Better to follow this way https://cwiki.apache.org/
> confluence/display/OFBIZ/Addressing+Custom+Requirements+In+OFBiz
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 29/11/2014 13:47, Ashish Repal a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>> I am planning to develop ERP application for manufacturing industryusing
>> ofbiz.
>> For this I need to modify existing components,
>> Catalog,facility,order,party
>> etc.
>> May be I think, I need to  extend these components or is there any other
>> way?
>>
>>   I also have to add, remove entity fields from OFBIZ tables
>> so can I do it in my custom component's entitydef?
>> If yes, after build, this will overwrite existing table?
>>
>> please guide.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Aashish Repal

Aashish Repal