Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Fraschetti <fr...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/29 22:40:30 UTC

indexed document id

I've got an index which I rebuild each time and don't do any deletes
until the end, so doc ids shouldn't change... at index time, is there
a better way to discover the id of the document i just added than
docCount() ?

Re: indexed document id

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I believe so. Java's synchronized' keyword is what makes it possible to
use multiple threads with a single IndexWriter instance, and I believe
that means threads are processed in a FIFO manner.

Otis

Re: indexed document id

Posted by Chris Fraschetti <fr...@gmail.com>.

Re: indexed document id