Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/09/16 22:09:20 UTC

8.0.0-RC2 status

Just a quick update.

I'm seeing a APR/native issue leading to JVM crash that I am currently
trying to debug. Unfortunately, the issue doesn't appear to be
particularly repeatable.

As soon as everything looks stable and passes the unit tests on Windows,
Linux and OSX I'll create the tag.

Mark

Re: 8.0.0-RC2 status

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 17/09/2013 09:29, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> 2013/9/16 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
>>
>> Just a quick update.
>>
>> I'm seeing a APR/native issue leading to JVM crash that I am currently
>> trying to debug. Unfortunately, the issue doesn't appear to be
>> particularly repeatable.
>>

> Is that issue available in Tomcat 7 also?

It is looking like it will be.

> Should I wait for it before 7.0.43?

I think that depends on how long it is going to take me to fix the issue
I've found. I'll report on progress later today.

Mark

Re: 8.0.0-RC2 status

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.
2013/9/16 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>

> Just a quick update.
>
> I'm seeing a APR/native issue leading to JVM crash that I am currently
> trying to debug. Unfortunately, the issue doesn't appear to be
> particularly repeatable.

Is that issue available in Tomcat 7 also?
Should I wait for it before 7.0.43?

Thanks
Violeta

Re: 8.0.0-RC2 status

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

On 9/17/13 12:04 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Mark,
>>
>> On 9/16/13 4:09 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> Just a quick update.
>>>
>>> I'm seeing a APR/native issue leading to JVM crash that I am
>>> currently trying to debug. Unfortunately, the issue doesn't
>>> appear to be particularly repeatable.
>
> I found a way to make it repeatable (breakpoints at the right place in
> Eclipse to add some delay). That also highlighted what the issue was
> (threads from previous tests not shutting down and trying to continue
> to use sockets that were long since closed).
>
> I'm in the process of tagging 8.0.0-RC2 now.
>
>> Next time you get it, can you post the crash file?
>
> I can probably find some examples if you think they'd be useful.

Maybe I misunderstood... I thought you said that tcnative/APR was
crashing. If that's happening, we ought to fix it :)

-chris

Re: 8.0.0-RC2 status

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: 8.0.0-RC2 status