Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2006/09/24 22:16:47 UTC

Problems relasing maven-changes-plugin using release:perform

Hi,

I need some help using the maven-release-plugin. I'm trying to release
the maven-changes-plugin (my first release).

   release:prepare

went well, but when I do

   release:perform

it hangs at deploy:deploy

I'm using maven 2.0.5-SNAPSHOT on Windows XP. It checks out the correct
tag from svn.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Problems relasing maven-changes-plugin using release:perform

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mykel,

FYI I wrote also a draft some weeks ago:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/site/trunk/src/site/apt/developers/
The staging site is:
http://people.apache.org/~vsiveton/developers-centre/developers

Cheers,

Vincent

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
OK, problem solved.

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.
Dennis,
  Since you're on Windoze, do you have an "ssh" executable on the command
line?  If you open up the terminal you use to deploy (in my case,
start->run->cmd), you should be able to type "ssh" and "scp" and get an
application that executes.  If you get an unrecognized executable error, you
need to change the pom to scpexe and define your sshexecutable and
scpexecutable.  I also agree with Brett, using shared keys is the way to go.

Todd

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Thanks Todd

The project is using scp: so the executables should not be a factor for me.

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,