Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Sachidanand Tiwari <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 19:17:03 UTC

Need help on better usage of Email Processor

Team,

I have a requirement to send email notification for any failure in Apache
Nifi flow. I know that we have PutEmail processor to achieve this task but
it has to be attached to each processor and moreover it shoots email for
all the flow files where as I am interested in knowing yes failure has
occurred and email should be out just once.

-Sachin

Re: Need help on better usage of Email Processor

Posted by Matthew Clarke <ma...@gmail.com>.
Have you considered using the monitorActivity processor? You can place it
after the processor to want to watch and feed it's activity lost and
activity restored relationships to the the puteEmail processor.  You
configure a threshold to watch for and it can be configured to only alert
once or Everytime threshold passes.

Matt

Posted by "McDermott, Chris Kevin (MSDU - STaTS/StorefrontRemote)" <ch...@hpe.com>.
Hi Sachin,

We are using logstash/elastic-search (the ELK stack) and Watcher to do this sort of thing.  We find the separation of concerns more reliable and flexible rather than trying to have NiFi monitor itself.

Cheers,

Chris McDermott

Remote Business Analytics
STaTS/StoreFront Remote