Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com> on 2008/01/29 15:51:39 UTC

Tutorial broken, need help resolving

Hi all, I'm getting errors running the tutorial listed here:

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/tutorial.html
<http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/tutorial.html>

which, per the instructions, "should not take more than 30 seconds if
you already have ant and a jdk properly installed"

The first error:

:: [ commons-lang | commons-lang | 2.1 ]: configuration not public in [
commons-lang | commons-lang | 2.1 ]: test. It was required from [
commons-lang | commons-lang-caller | working ] test

Reading through the build.xml and then the mailing list, I figured I
should change ivy.install.version as such:

<property name="ivy.install.version" value="apache-ivy-2.0.0-beta1" />

The next error:

Getting:
http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/apache-ivy-2.0.0-beta1/ivy.jar

      [get] To: H:\ivy-test\ivy-tutorial\ivy\ivy.jar

      [get] Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/apache-ivy-2.0.0-beta1/ivy.jar
<http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/apache-ivy-2.0.0-beta1/ivy.jar>

Clearly, the URL to ivy.jar is a configurable property in the build.xml,
so I guess my question is either:

A) what's the URL to the latest stable ivy.jar, or

B)      when will Xavier upload the latest stable ivy.jar to his apache
home dir :-)

C)      when will a working tutorial be published?

TIA

Re: Tutorial broken, need help resolving

Posted by Fiouz <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 29, 2008 3:51 PM, Brown, Carlton <Ca...@compucredit.com> wrote:
>       [get] Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/apache-ivy-2.0.0-beta1/ivy.jar
> <http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/apache-ivy-2.0.0-beta1/ivy.jar>
>

> Clearly, the URL to ivy.jar is a configurable property in the build.xml,
> so I guess my question is either:
>
> A) what's the URL to the latest stable ivy.jar, or

Try this one http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-beta1/ivy.jar
(have a look at the directory index
http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-beta1/)

--
Fiouz

Re: Tutorial broken, need help resolving

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I've updated the build.xml pointed by the first tutorial, it should
work properly now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/