Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2002/12/06 11:37:07 UTC

Problems with Reactor Builds ...

I know that REACTOR is currently refactored by Jason van Zyl ....

+) Checkstyle does not find its custom property files and resorts
back to SUN coding conventions. I defined the custom property file
for the reactor and for the subproject and it prints that it is going
to use the custom ones ...

+) The Project Report Table is empty (it usually contains links to
CVS reports, Checkstyle, Metrics) but the links on the navigation
panel are created

+) I have severe memory problems with a reactor build of 50
subprojects - it starts trashing even with 500 MByte Memory for VM
and 512 MByte RAM (and Site generation partly fails)

+) Somehow Maven does not return an error code so I get stuck if I
invoke all of the subsequent builds without reactor

Some other useful thingies from working on this project

+) can I use POM interpolation for the subprojects - most of the
projects depend on 2 JARs where the version number changes monthly. I
tried it a while ago and it didn't seem to work. Same is true for
XALAN and XERCES ....

+) Property Inheritance would be extremly useful ...

I volunteer for testing the new reactor plus providing some XDOC
concerning the usage of reactor ... :-)

Siegfried Goeschl
CTO
IT20one GmbH