Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bert Lamb <be...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/03 23:05:34 UTC

Confused about j2ee wiki example and maven

I have downloaded the j2ee-project.zip located here:

http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/CreatingJ2eeApplications

And I have tried to go into the /j2ee-project/root directory and run
"maven multiproject" and I get the following output:

 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0.1

build:start:

multiproject:projects-init:
    [echo] Gathering project list
Starting the reactor...
Our processing order:
MyProject Common Module
MyProject EJB Client Module
MyProject EJB Module
MyProject War
MyProject EAR Module

<snip>----it seems to build the common module ok---</snip>

+----------------------------------------
| Generating site for  MyProject EJB Client Module
| Memory: 15M/26M
+----------------------------------------
Attempting to download myproject-common-SNAPSHOT.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download myproject-common-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Total time: 15 seconds
Finished at: Fri Dec 03 16:53:57 EST 2004

Why is it trying to download the common jar from a repository, why
doesn't it know that it just built that project?  Why doesn't this
example build out of the box?  What am I doing wrong? :)

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

-Bert

Re: Confused about j2ee wiki example and maven

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
yes

Posted by Bert Lamb <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.