Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com> on 2003/04/11 02:04:01 UTC

which batik should i use with fop 20.5rc2?

  i'm aware that the latest FOP comes with its own
batik.jar file.  i just happened to already have the
latest batik on my system, so i thought i could just
use that instead.

  when i tried to run a simple FOP example, i got the
java error for an undefined class:

  org/apache/batik/util/XMLResourceDescriptor

sure enough, it looks like that class might be in
the fop-associated batik.jar file, but it certainly
doesn't look like it comes in *any* of the jar files
with the latest batik distribution.

  can someone clarify what the compatibility is
between FOP and batik regarding versions and jar
files?

  thanks.

rday

Re: which batik should i use with fop 20.5rc2?

Posted by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com>.
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Sherlane Lam wrote:
> > I am using 20.4 version.  Then, which batik version
> > should I use?  Can I use the batik 1.1.1 download from
> > apache?
>
> No. Both with 0.20.4 and 0.20.5rc1 you'll *have* to use
> the batik.jar distributed with FOP.
> I think 0.20.5rc2 will work with batik 1.5beta5 but i may
> be mistaken.

ok, i've just confirmed that fop...rc2 does not work with
the latest batik1.5beta5.  with the batik.jar file that comes
with fop, i could do a simple example that comes with the
fop distribution -- table.fo -> table.pdf.

when i put the batik beta jar files into the class path,
i get an exception.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Sherlane Lam wrote:
> I am using 20.4 version.  Then, which batik version
> should I use?  Can I use the batik 1.1.1 download from
> apache?

No. Both with 0.20.4 and 0.20.5rc1 you'll *have* to use
the batik.jar distributed with FOP.
I think 0.20.5rc2 will work with batik 1.5beta5 but i may
be mistaken.

No version of FOP will work with batik 1.5beta4.
Only older FOP releases will work with batik 1.1.1.

J.Pietschmann

Re: which batik should i use with fop 20.5rc2?

Posted by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com>.
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Sherlane Lam wrote:

> I also have the same question.
>
> I am using 20.4 version.  Then, which batik version
> should I use?  Can I use the batik 1.1.1 download from
> apache?

actually, i just answered my own question.  from the
most recent batik beta, i had just forgotten to add the
jar files under the lib/ directory to my classpath.

it might be overkill, but there are a *bunch* of jar files
that come with batik.  i'm sure most of them are optional,
but i added them all anyway.

Posted by Sherlane Lam <sh...@yahoo.com>.
I also have the same question.

I am using 20.4 version.  Then, which batik version
should I use?  Can I use the batik 1.1.1 download from
apache?

Thanks
Sherlane