Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> on 2005/12/28 17:11:52 UTC

Hibernate tools

Hi,
I noticed that the hibernate-tools library is a bit old. I've tried to
cocture up a pom for 3.1.0.beta2 but it seems that it needs some
libraries that go with it:

velocity-1.4.jar, velocity-tools-generic-1.4.jar, jtidy-r8-21122004.jar

Now as far as velocity it's already available in the repo however the
velocity tools generic's latest is 1.2 and jtidy's latest is 4aug2000r7-dev
Any clues what needs to be done to push this through to the end?

Srgjan

Re: Hibernate tools

Posted by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com>.
Alexandre Poitras wrote:

>Btw the latest build of velocity-tools is 1.2, so I guess hibernate
>pom file is wrong.

In fact, I didn't get that dependency from a pom but from this site:
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/tools/ant/index.html

<taskdef
     name="hibernatetool"
     classname="org.hibernate.tool.ant.HibernateToolTask"
     classpath="[location of hibernate-tools.jar, velocity-1.4.jar, velocity-tools-generic-1.4.jar, jtidy-r8-21122004.jar, hibernate3.jar & jdbc drivers]"/>

Re: Hibernate tools

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: Hibernate tools

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Look there :
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-maven-evangelism.html
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

If you provide a patch, usually it is fixed quite fast. If everyobne
contribute a little bit, the repository will be much accurate in a
short time.

BTW, to maven developpers, I think those documents should be put on
the front page or being highlight. A lot of people don't know about
them and it would really help to fix ibiblio repository.

On 12/28/05, Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed that the hibernate-tools library is a bit old. I've tried to
> cocture up a pom for 3.1.0.beta2 but it seems that it needs some
> libraries that go with it:
>
> velocity-1.4.jar, velocity-tools-generic-1.4.jar, jtidy-r8-21122004.jar
>
> Now as far as velocity it's already available in the repo however the
> velocity tools generic's latest is 1.2 and jtidy's latest is 4aug2000r7-dev
> Any clues what needs to be done to push this through to the end?
>
> Srgjan

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada