Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chamara Gunaratne <ch...@focusinc.com> on 2008/03/11 15:32:12 UTC

SVN commit showing different time after DSL time change

Hello,

We have a svn server that is mainly accessed using the subclipse Eclipse svn
plugin.  After Sunday's time change, commits to svn are time stamped with a
time one hour in the future, i.e a commit done at 11:10 am is time stamped
12:10 pm.  Svn is accessed using svn+ssh and the Linux server (kernel
2.6.5-7.276) running svn has the correct time and all the clients accessing
svn have the correct time too.

We started to notice this yesterday, and so far haven't been able to find a
solution. Any help is greatly appreciated :-) Thanks!

Chamara

RE: SVN commit showing different time after DSL time change

Posted by Chamara Gunaratne <ch...@focusinc.com>.
Gavin,

Thanks for your reply. The problem turned out to be a corrupted/outdated
time zone file. Updating the server with the latest time zone information
did the trick.

Cheers,

Chamara

Posted by Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis <ga...@thespidernet.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Matthew Pounsett <ma...@conundrum.com>.
On 11-Mar-2008, at 11:32 , Chamara Gunaratne wrote:

> Hello,
> We have a svn server that is mainly accessed using the subclipse
> Eclipse svn plugin.  After Sunday’s time change, commits to svn are
> time stamped with a time one hour in the future, i.e a commit done
> at 11:10 am is time stamped 12:10 pm.  Svn is accessed using svn+ssh
> and the Linux server (kernel 2.6.5-7.276) running svn has the
> correct time and all the clients accessing svn have the correct time
> too.

Hrm.. I haven't seen this, running a very similar setup.  The time
stamps in in all of our commits are correct.

Assuming your tzdata package is up to date, then I suppose it's
possible Apache has cached old time zone data.  Have you tried
restarting the httpd?