Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2004/08/30 08:49:06 UTC

Re: flowscript + forms + dynamic selection list + passing information

Joose

Why not use a JXTemplateGenerator to build the
selection list; variables created in flow can certainly
be accessed from such pages, using the
${variable_name} notation.  I have used this to build
selection lists from forms, whose members vary according
to selections from previous forms.

In the sitemap you will need:

    <map:match pattern="list.xml">
      <map:generate type="jx" src="cocoon:/form-list.jx"/>
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:match>

This way you can avoid using the "outdated" XSP approach.

Derek

>>> joose@iki.fi 2004/08/30 08:29:19 AM >>>
Hi,

normally when creating selection list for forms, is done like this:

<fd:selection-list src="cocoon:/list.xml" dynamic="true" />

but now I have integer created in flowscipt and that needs to be passed

to that selection-list.

How?

Can I use request-object to pass that integer or session or something?

Small pseudo like this:

flowscript:
var i = 5;
form.showForm ("form.xml");

form-def.xml:
<fd:selection-list src="cocoon:/list.xml" dynamic="true" />

sitemap:

<map:match pattern="list.xml">
  <map:generate type="xsp" src="list.xsp">
   <map:parameter name="i" value="{value of i from flowscript}" />
  </map:generate>
</map:match>

how this can be done?

Thanks,

Joose

--
"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * joose@iki.fi * +358 44 561 0270 *

believed to be clean.

Re: flowscript + forms + dynamic selection list + passing information

Posted by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>.
Hi Derek,

thanks, I have to check that out, but how can I pass variables to forms
to be read from jxtemplategenerator? I have not yet looked much into
jxtemplate-stuff, but I'm using beans with XSP (not esql), so can
jxtemplate be used with beans also? There is alos that jpath stuff for
XSP so I could use that in XSP. JXTemplates have been a thing for me to
check out.