Posted to user@flink.apache.org by John Stone <el...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/01 15:22:46 UTC

Re: TaskManagers cannot contact JobManager in Kubernetes when JobManager HA is enabled

I've managed to resolve the issue.  With HA enabled, you will see this message in the logs:

2018-11-01 13:38:52,467 INFO  org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint         - Actor system started at akka.tcp://flink@flink-jobmanager:40641

Without HA enabled, you will see this message in the logs:

2018-11-01 13:38:52,467 INFO  org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint         - Actor system started at akka.tcp://flink@flink-jobmanager:6123

HA causes a random port assignment for the ResourceManager portion of the JobManager.  This can be controlled by setting the high-availability.jobmanager.port to a fixed port and exposing it in the Kubernetes network configuration.

Re: TaskManagers cannot contact JobManager in Kubernetes when JobManager HA is enabled

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Glad you resolved the issue. Also thanks for sharing the solution with ML!

Best,

Dawid