Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/06/27 21:17:02 UTC

Re: svn commit: r202027 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/mpm_common.c

At 02:10 PM 6/27/2005, Paul Querna wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Do we need an entire request?  Wouldn't a 'null request' be faster?
>>

>Define 'null request'.

Would OPTIONS * HTTP/1.[0|1] be more efficient than an actual
request?

Bill

Re: svn commit: r202027 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/mpm_common.c

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 02:26 PM 6/27/2005, Paul Querna wrote:

>It would work, but it doesn't make any difference.  The request is not
>actually served.  The child pops out of accept(), and notices that it
>needs to die.

HUH?  Perhaps true of shutdown, but if graceful works that
way, we are screwed.  Graceful expects all requests to serve
without taking a hiccup.  Once accept()ed, another listening
child doesn't get a chance to play catch.

Bill

Re: svn commit: r202027 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/mpm_common.c

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.