Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Pavindu Lakshan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/22 11:40:53 UTC

How to deploy FMProd app

Hi Nadeeshan,

I'm running oodt on Docker and now trying to spin up the FMprod web app,
but I have some difficulties understanding the guide
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/CAS+Product+Server+Web+Application+-+Installation+Guide>
you pointed out in one of your old emails.

After the docker container is started, I accessed the container using bash,
changed the directory to /usr/src/oodt-src/webapps/fmprod, ran mvn clean
install, and got it built successfully.

Next, in the deployment section, it talks about $TOMCAT_HOME, but such an
env variable is not present in the docker container. So, I'm confused about
how to deploy the FMProd app so that I can get its APIs working in the
sample React app.

It would be great if you can provide me with advice regarding this.

Thanks and regards
Pavindu

Re: How to deploy FMProd app

Posted by Nadeeshan <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Pavindu,

Really sorry for the delayed response!

Firstly this docker image is created using a special OODT bundle called
RADiX[1] where most of the configurations are already set up and hence a
perfect starting point for the first-time users. So this implies that, here
users have to use an already released version (eg: latest-1.9) of OODT. So
if you look at "/usr/src/oodt-src/oodt/tomcat/webapps" (refer to bash
script[2] also for understanding how $TOMCAT_HOME is configured) you can
see tomcat has been already shipped with this distribution and fmprod,opsui
and other web apps have already been deployed there.

FMProd APIs, which are currently used in the sample React app has not
released yet. That's why APIs don't work even though the fmprod has
deployed in the docker container. So If you really need to up the latest
webapps through docker, you need to use the latest war files inside the
container.

Ideally what I need to mention in my previous mail was to *build OODT and
up the relevant API servers locally*.

If you are using IDE like IntelliJ IDEA you can simply create a tomcat
server and deploy "cas:product.war" and see.

Thanks and regards,
Nadeeshan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT
[2]