Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/21 06:33:32 UTC

Re: Chukwa - Lightweight agents

Yes, we run light weight Chukwa agents and collectors only, using
Chukwa just as you describe. We've been doing so for over a year or so
without many issues. The code is fairly easy to extend when needed. We
rolled our own collector, agent and demux RPMs.

The monitoring peice of chukwa is optional and we don't use that part.