Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Olle Olsson <ol...@sics.se> on 2010/09/15 23:03:21 UTC

Getting rid of informative message

  Using the commandline tool
    xml-xindice-1.1/bin/xindice
to fetch data and feed the standard output  into a pipeline of
processing steps.

*Problem*:
- the first line that appears on stdout is "trying to register database".
- this is inconvenient ... much better to have only the actual content
from the database

*Question*:
  - is there some simple way to make that message go away?
  - there is a "verbose" flag, but no "quiet" flag -- why not?

/olle

Olle Olsson   olleo@sics.se   Tel: +46 8 633 15 19  Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
         [Svenska W3C-kontoret: olleo@w3.org]
SICS [Swedish Institute of Computer Science]
Box 1263
SE - 164 29 Kista
Sweden

Re: Getting rid of informative message

Posted by Olle Olsson <ol...@sics.se>.
  Natalia,

Thanks for this information.

1.  "update the library" ... ok will put that on my agenda
2.  "remove line" ... yes, i have done that in the pipeline: ... |  sed
"1d" ...

Alternative 2 works, but is not nice, so alternative 2 is a better
choice in the long run.

/olle

Posted by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com>.
Olle,