Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by dnspies <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/22 10:24:17 UTC

Configurable keys for MapReduce

Most places throughout the hadoop framework instantiate instances of the keys
with ReflectionUtils.newInstance(keyClass, configuration)

I thought that means I can configure the keys before they read or write, but
apparently this is not so.  The attached example
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33022246/WrapperKey.java WrapperKey.java  throws
a NullPointerException because the keys in WritableComparator are
instantiated with a null configuration object passed into
ReflectionUtils.newInstance.

Does anyone know if there are other ways of getting Configuration options
into the keys for reading and writing?