Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/01 12:53:46 UTC

Re: Committing patch contributed for MIME message parser and serializer based on Apache mime4j [WSCOMMONS-387]

Hi All.
Wonder why Oleg removed the patch, without even committing it to a branch..
I did not even get a chance to look in to the new patch with deferred
building :(...

Current API and impl's were designed in a desperate manner to get MTOM & SWA
working, when we found that java mail does not work well for us. So I'm sure
there are many places where we can improve the architecture and the API. I
would like to volunteer and team up with Oleg to fix the inflexibility and
the API that people were reporting in this thread. Hopefully we can
eventually come up with an abstract API to support different implementations
and to plug in MIME4J.

For this I would like to understand the inflexibility and the concrete use
cases in a more detailed manner, so that we'll not just think of MTOM & SWA
when reorganising these things. I need support from all of you guys for this
matter.

thanks,
Thilina

--Thilina Gunarathne  - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

Re: Committing patch contributed for MIME message parser and serializer based on Apache mime4j [WSCOMMONS-387]

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> Hi All.
> Wonder why Oleg removed the patch, without even committing it to a
> branch.. I did not even get a chance to look in to the new patch with
> deferred building :(...
>
> Current API and impl's were designed in a desperate manner to get MTOM &
> SWA working, when we found that java mail does not work well for us. So
> I'm sure there are many places where we can improve the architecture and
> the API. I would like to volunteer and team up with Oleg to fix the
> inflexibility and the API that people were reporting in this thread.
> Hopefully we can eventually come up with an abstract API to support
> different implementations and to plug in MIME4J.
>
> For this I would like to understand the inflexibility and the concrete
> use cases in a more detailed manner, so that we'll not just think of
> MTOM & SWA when reorganising these things. I need support from all of
> you guys for this matter.

Thilina,

Just put the existing implementation behind an abstract API and I will
see if the same API can be implemented based on mime4j.

Cheers

Oleg

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Oleg?

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/

Re: Committing patch contributed for MIME message parser and serializer based on Apache mime4j [WSCOMMONS-387]

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Oleg?

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Oleg?