Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Trenton D. Adams" <tr...@telusplanet.net> on 2002/06/15 00:05:53 UTC

Tomcat Performance is good!

I've recently been doing some fiddling with Tomcat.  I've built a King
James Bible search program.  I based it off of my brother's perl bible
search program.  It outputs all identical HTML to the perl version.  It
was already out performing it by a couple of seconds on one particular
search.  The search for perl took about 6 seconds and the search in the
J2EE version on tomcat took approx 4 seconds.  With some code efficiency
improvements, I've gotten that down to less than 3 seconds.

Just thought you might all like to hear some good news about Tomcat.

Tomcat 4.0.3
Apache 1.3.20
Perl 5.6.0

Re: Tomcat Performance is good!

Posted by William Au <bi...@cnet.com>.
Has anyone compare the preformance of Tomcat 4.0.3 with other appservers?
I recently did some tests and found Tomcat's performance to be even worse
than what I had expected.  It is the slowest of all the appservers I tested.

Bill

Posted by John Gregg <jo...@techarch.com>.
This test really doesn't have anything to do with Tomcat's performance.
This has much more to do with some java version vs perl 5.6.0 and the search
algorithms you used.  If you want to test Tomcat, run the exact same code in
Tomcat as in WebLogic or WebSphere.

john