Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2008/09/22 03:46:29 UTC

[Fwd: service never returns]

oops thought I sent this to the user ML

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: service never returns
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 18:23:34 -0700
From: BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org

I call a service like update products.
            returnresults = dispatcher.runSync("updateProduct",
                    makeproductmap());
it never returns
there are no errors in the logs and the code I wrote just does a return
to the calling method, like a stack is being trashed.
I know I have probably done someone thing so this is not about what I
did wrong.
it is about not getting any return or errors.
I as far as i can figure, there is an ECA that is called that may abort
the return.
     ServiceEcaRule.java:150:INFO ] Running Service ECA Service:
loadType2ProductInProductDimension, triggered by rule on Service:
updateProduct
this is to deep for me to really understand yet, Plus investigate.
so hoping the keepers of the mini lanquage, Service engine can see a
possible reason for this.

for what it worth I had this code runing and made some changes.
Still removing them to see what caused this.

Re: [Fwd: service never returns] Solved

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
never mind did not read down far enough
ServiceDispatcher.java:578:INFO ] Sync service
[default/storeGenericDimension] finished in [6015] milliseconds
ServiceDispatcher.java:578:INFO ] Sync service
[default/loadType2ProductInProductDimension] finished in [6656] milliseconds
ServiceDispatcher.java:578:INFO ] Sync service [default/updateProduct]
finished in [8719] milliseconds

BJ Freeman sent the following on 9/21/2008 6:46 PM: