Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/22 07:06:29 UTC

What and how post 1.0 commits should be pulled into SCA Java release 1.0.1?

Hi,

I did a brief counting of changes we made into trunk after the 1.0 release.
There are around 170 commits with 1560 total file changes. What's the best
way to decide what commits should be pulled into SCA java 1.0.1?

I see a few options on the table:

1) Starting with a copy of 1.0 branch (Ant has done that), each of us goes
over the post-1.0 commits made to trunk under his/her name and nonimate the
changes to be INCLUDED in 1.0.1.
2) Starting with a copy of 1.0 branch, each of us goes over the post-1.0
commits made to trunk under his/her name and select the changes to be
EXCLUDED in 1.0.1.
3) Starting with a copy of 1.0 trunk, each of us goes over the post-1.0
commits made to trunk under his/her name and select the changes to be
EXCLUDED from 1.0.1.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: What and how post 1.0 commits should be pulled into SCA Java release 1.0.1?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Raymond Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a brief counting of changes we made into trunk after the 1.0
> release. There are around 170 commits with 1560 total file changes.
> What's the best way to decide what commits should be pulled into SCA
> java 1.0.1?
>
> I see a few options on the table:
>
> 1) Starting with a copy of 1.0 branch (Ant has done that), each of us
> goes over the post-1.0 commits made to trunk under his/her name and
> nonimate the changes to be INCLUDED in 1.0.1.
> 2) Starting with a copy of 1.0 branch, each of us goes over the
> post-1.0 commits made to trunk under his/her name and select the
> changes to be EXCLUDED in 1.0.1.
> 3) Starting with a copy of 1.0 trunk, each of us goes over the
> post-1.0 commits made to trunk under his/her name and select the
> changes to be EXCLUDED from 1.0.1.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

+1 for option (1)

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: What and how post 1.0 commits should be pulled into SCA Java release 1.0.1?

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
Venkata Krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To me, option (1) seems to be viable given that we want to call on a vote on
> Wednesday.  We'd have better control pushing pieces from the trunk over to
> the branch until the time for cutting an RC.

This makes sense to me.  As I understand it, this is a small incremental
bug fix release, so I would expect the number of included changes to be small.

   Simon

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,