Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Rob S." <rs...@sfu.ca> on 2001/08/16 19:01:53 UTC

Re: File not readable (fwd)

> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> "APACHE$DISK:[APACHE.JAKARTA.WEBAPPS.aba2]000000EB.TIF": File is not
> readable.

I have no idea what javax.media is, but it looks like you're trying to use
environment variables from inside a web app. On the command-line, they will
be resolved and the right values put in to Java. In a web app, since there is
no shell to resolve them, they are taken literally.

- r

Re: File not readable (fwd)

Posted by Andrej Rosenheinrich <ar...@minet.uni-jena.de>.
Well,

this aint it. I resolved the variables using RealPath, checked the
resolved filename, same result. Here is a fast test i tried:

/* test File
               try
               {
                  File inputfile = new
File("APACHE$DISK:[APACHE.JAKARTA.WEBAPPS.aba2]000000EB.tif");
                  try
                  {
                     if (inputfile.isFile())
                     {
                        out.println("File is a normal file ...<BR>");
                     }
                     else
                     {
                        out.println("File is NOT a normal file ...<BR>");
                     }
                  }
                  catch (SecurityException exp)
                  {
                     out.println("Securitymanager denies access to
file!!!");
                  }
                  try
                  {
                     if (inputfile.canRead())
                     {
                        out.println("File is readable ...");
                     }
                     else
                     {
                        out.println("File is NOT readable ...");
                     }
                  }
                  catch (SecurityException exp)
                  {
                     out.println("Securitymanager denies access to
file!!!");
                  }
               }
               catch (NullPointerException exp)
               {
                  out.println("Filename ist null ...");
               }
*/ //End Test File

the file exists, it's a normal file, but I cant read it. I dont think it's
a thing with permissions, cause then I should get a SecurityException
trying to access it ...

Andrej

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Rob S. wrote:

> > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> > "APACHE$DISK:[APACHE.JAKARTA.WEBAPPS.aba2]000000EB.TIF": File is not
> > readable.
>
> I have no idea what javax.media is, but it looks like you're trying to use
> environment variables from inside a web app. On the command-line, they will
> be resolved and the right values put in to Java. In a web app, since there is
> no shell to resolve them, they are taken literally.
>
> - r

Andrej Rosenheinrich

"I lived a thousand times, I found out what it means to be believed"
Black Sabbath

email : aros@minet.uni-jena.de
http  : www.minet.uni-jena.de/~aros
Tel   :	(+49) 0177/8743619