Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by anjali jain <jn...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/27 10:19:37 UTC

Cocoon not working when tomcat integrated with JBoss!!!

Hi

I configured Tomcat 3.2.1 for Coccon and I m able to run XML files successfully.
But when I integrated tomcat with JBoss2.1 then I am not able to run XML files..But when I gave the URL http://localhost:8080/cocoon/Cocoon.xml , It does not throw any error on Server console.but it is displaying the following error message on browser.
Please help me in this as I m not getting why it is not running?
Its too urgent....Wot could be the possible reasons..

the error message is as :
      Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating " org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor" :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: See http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-normalize
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:124)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:109)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.<init>(Engine.java:179)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:232)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:157)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

      Warning: this page has been dynamically generated.

Now, in case of Coccon also you have parser.jar and xml.jar which u rename to zparser.jar and zxml.jar so that xerces.jar is set first in the classpath by tomcat.Xerces.jar is needed by XSP .

I tried same in Jboss but it didnot work....The server log shows that it loads first all jars from the lib/ext folder and then from tomcat.Now I think my problem can be solved if by someway i make tomcat jars load first..But how?? or some other way...

thanks
anjali
java developer

Re: Cocoon not working when tomcat integrated with JBoss!!!

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, anjali jain wrote:

> I tried same in Jboss but it didnot work....The server log shows that
> it loads first all jars from the lib/ext folder and then from
> tomcat.Now I think my problem can be solved if by someway i make
> tomcat jars load first..But how?? or some other way...

i think jboss has the DOM1/SAX1 classes in its lib/ext directory, you need
to find out what jar they're in and nuke 'em or move 'em or something.
probably could ask on the jboss list.

- donald