Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Sandie Goeth <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/12 01:36:11 UTC

help ! : telnet error : could not open connection on port 23, connection failed

Good evening there,

 here is Sandie,

I'm installing a server on the community not-for-profit centre,

thus, I have a problem with installing James : in the dos shell with the Telnet 4555 command : could not open connection on port 23, connection failed; error.

The system : amd, win zp pro with sp1, ColdFusionMX6.1 & Jrun4, apache running correctly, j2ee, jdk 1.4.STATIC IP & high speed ISP connected(3 MPS),  exterior dns : www.everydns.net, etc.

here is what I have done :
1.  install james and create .bat file for the wrapper included in the accurate James release, in the ..\bin :  wrapper -i j:\progra~1\apache~1\james-~1.3\james-~1.3\conf\wrapper.conf

2. stated the service in the SERVICE PANEL.

3. updated the config.xml infos : postmaster'Email, exterior dns, servername, custum remoteManager, etc.

4. telnet either : the nameserver, the port (4555'config.xml port), both; with error

5. So I have tried over without the xercesImpl-2.0.2.jar, but nothing different.

Can anyone help me  !?? I have read the how-to's all over... !!

Many thanks,

s.g.

--
Sandie Goeth
Lead Software Developer

Re: Question about James on Windows

Posted by Jay Kraly <ja...@perspectivesoftware.com>.
Thats what I was hoping to hear!

So my next question is what is the most recent stable version?  The
website seems to indicate 2.1.3, but it looks like I'm already running
2.2.0a8 which has been working so well that I forgot why I'm on an alpha
build instead of the latest stable release.  I've been out of the loop
for a while so I'm sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been
answered on here.

-J

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
Absolutely!

Vincenzo

Posted by Lindsay Smith <li...@wapdat.com>.

Re: help ! : telnet error : could not open connection on port 23, connection failed

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Sandie,

Read the how-to's of your telnet client.  If the error is that it cannot
connect to port 23, then it's not trying to connect to port 4555.  Maybe
localhost:4555 with a : instead of a space.

--
Serge Knystautas
President