Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Mikhail Gryzykhin <mi...@google.com> on 2018/09/06 17:27:30 UTC

Failing: beam_PerformanceTests_Python

Hi everyone,

I see that beam_PerformanceTests_Python
<https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PerformanceTests_Python/1391/console> job
is failing during last several days.

Corresponding errors:
2 days ago it was failure in beam_integration_benchmark(1/1)
<https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PerformanceTests_Python/1386/console>
Now it is incompatible packages
<https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PerformanceTests_Python/1390/console> [
BEAM-5334 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-5334>]

Can someone help look into this?

Regards,
--Mikhail

Have feedback <http://go/migryz-feedback>?

Re: Failing: beam_PerformanceTests_Python

Posted by Łukasz Gajowy <lu...@gmail.com>.
I think we should focus on fixing the BEAM-5334
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-5334> issue first. I
investigated it a little bit and tried to reproduce it locally on my
machine - no success. The logs say:

"05:18:37 error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory"

but do not specify what is the path of the file or directory which seems
weird to me. Is Jenkins hiding the path for some reason (a bold idea of
mine)? Could someone with direct access to Jenkins check what is happening
(e.g. by running the commands manually on Jenkins executor)?
I also tried to explicitly define pip version to 18.0
<https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/6347/files> because it now uses 10.0.1
to see if this fixes the problem. Surprisingly to me, logs still say that
version 10.0.1 is used
<https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PerformanceTests_Python/1390/console>.

Fixing this issue is very important because it prevents many Jenkins jobs
from being run. It not only prevents Python performance tests from being
run but all of them - even the Java ones that are also run using the
PerfKitBenchmarker tool or Spark Performance tests.

Posted by Mark Liu <ma...@google.com>.
I came out a PR <https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/6392> which is the
first step to move benchmark execution on Gradle task. Corresponding
Perfkit changes
<https://github.com/markflyhigh/PerfKitBenchmarker/pull/2/files> are also
required.

Changes include:

   - new `run_integration_test.sh` script that provide better command line
   flags and extend more use cases.
   - new Gradle task `beam-sdks-python:integrationTest` that uses the new
   script and can be used by Perfkit to execute any integration test without
   worry about environment setup.

Hopefully those changes can fix existing benchmark failure, but also it
targets on improving user experience for running python integration tests
and simplify test infrastructure.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Mark

Posted by Łukasz Gajowy <lu...@gmail.com>.