Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk> on 2018/05/02 14:30:09 UTC

mail log monitoring like gmail

hi, i am thinking of using James as my email server.  however does it
have any plugin which monitors the logs and detects whether a user is
logging in from a unusual location or ip address?

Re: mail log monitoring like gmail

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.
Hi Benoit,

Thank you for your reply.

Adding a log does sound like it would help in my case.  However I
suspect moving from Postfix to James will not be something I can
undertake immediately.

I am currently trying to convert
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/DSTAAL/Mail-Log-Parse-1.0400/lib/Mail/Log/Parse/Postfix.pm
to Java, plus another perl module I wrote to use it, so I can figure out
who is signing in to send mail.

Now I am finding out that it is possible to do this by writing a postfix
filter
https://thecodingmachine.io/triggering-a-php-script-when-your-postfix-server-receives-a-mail

But I am more attracted to "the Java way of doing things" as writing
loads of mind bending scripts in different languages is a pain.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Posted by Benoit Tellier <bt...@linagora.com>.
Hi Matthew,