Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at> on 2010/10/11 12:42:42 UTC

Antwort: Strange Type Coercion Exception

move your DisplayContentItemStyle to a package that is not within a pages,
components or mixins package. eg. services

T5 loads all classes in the before mentioned packages for enhancement with
another classloader. that's why your class (enum) cant be found.

g,
kris

Von:    Christian Koller <ch...@net-m.ch>
An:     Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Datum:  11.10.2010 12:39
Betreff:        Strange Type Coercion Exception

Hi all

Today I faced a very strange exception (tapestry version 5.2)

The Exception sais not possible to find the coercion string ->
net.netm.platform.client.tapestry.common.components.style.DisplayContentItemStyle
but if I check the configured coercion, then I can find:
String -->
net.netm.platform.client.tapestry.common.components.style.DisplayContentItemStyle

Any ideas?

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.util.UnknownValueException
Could not find a coercion from type java.lang.String to type
net.netm.platform.client.tapestry.common.components.style.DisplayContentItemStyle.
availableValues
Configured coercions:

Double --> Float
Float --> Double
Long --> Boolean
Long --> Byte
Long --> Double
Long --> Integer
Long --> Short
Number --> Long
Object --> Object[]
Object --> String
Object --> java.util.List
Object[] --> java.util.List
String --> Boolean
String --> Double
String --> Long
String --> java.io.File
String --> java.math.BigDecimal
String --> java.math.BigInteger
String --> java.text.DateFormat
String --> java.util.regex.Pattern
String -->
net.netm.platform.client.tapestry.common.components.style.DisplayContentItemStyle
String --> org.apache.tapestry5.Renderable
String --> org.apache.tapestry5.SelectModel
String --> org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.LoopFormState
String --> org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.SubmitMode
String --> org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.data.BlankOption
String --> org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.data.GridPagerPosition
String --> org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.data.InsertPosition
String --> org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.Resource
String --> org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.util.TimeInterval
boolean[] --> java.util.List
byte[] --> java.util.List
char[] --> java.util.List
double[] --> java.util.List
float[] --> java.util.List
int[] --> java.util.List
java.math.BigDecimal --> Double
java.util.Collection --> Boolean
java.util.Collection --> Object[]
java.util.Collection --> org.apache.tapestry5.grid.GridDataSource
java.util.Date --> java.util.Calendar
java.util.List --> org.apache.tapestry5.SelectModel
java.util.Map --> org.apache.tapestry5.SelectModel
long[] --> java.util.List
null --> Boolean
null --> org.apache.tapestry5.grid.GridDataSource
org.apache.tapestry5.ComponentResources -->
org.apache.tapestry5.PropertyOverrides
org.apache.tapestry5.PrimaryKeyEncoder -->
org.apache.tapestry5.ValueEncoder
org.apache.tapestry5.Renderable --> org.apache.tapestry5.Block
org.apache.tapestry5.Renderable -->
org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.RenderCommand
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.util.TimeInterval --> Long
org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.ComponentResourcesAware -->
org.apache.tapestry5.ComponentResources
short[] --> java.util.List

Re: Antwort: Strange Type Coercion Exception

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
no problem. be my guest.

just had the same problem with one of our junior programmers last friday
:)

g,
kris

Von:    Christian Koller <ch...@net-m.ch>
An:     "Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Datum:  11.10.2010 13:35
Betreff:        Re: Antwort: Strange Type Coercion Exception

Thank you very much.

On 11.10.2010, at 12:42, Kristian Marinkovic wrote:

> [...]
> java.math.BigDecimal --> Double
> java.util.Collection --> Boolean
> java.util.Collection --> Object[]
> java.util.Collection --> org.apache.tapestry5.grid.GridDataSource
> java.util.Date --> java.util.Calendar
> java.util.List --> org.apache.tapestry5.SelectModel
> java.util.Map --> org.apache.tapestry5.SelectModel
> long[] --> java.util.List
> null --> Boolean
> null --> org.apache.tapestry5.grid.GridDataSource
> org.apache.tapestry5.ComponentResources -->
> org.apache.tapestry5.PropertyOverrides
> org.apache.tapestry5.PrimaryKeyEncoder -->
> org.apache.tapestry5.ValueEncoder
> org.apache.tapestry5.Renderable --> org.apache.tapestry5.Block
> org.apache.tapestry5.Renderable -->
> org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.RenderCommand
> org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.util.TimeInterval --> Long
> org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.ComponentResourcesAware -->

Christian Koller
Sofwareentwickler

net mobile Schweiz AG
Seestrasse 45
CH ñ 8702 Zollikon

Tel:     + 41 (0) 44 918 99 99
Fax:     + 41 (0) 44 918 99 98
Direkt:  + 41 (0) 44 918 99 72

Mail: christian.koller@net-m.ch
Web:  www.net-m.ch

Re: Antwort: Strange Type Coercion Exception

Posted by Christian Koller <ch...@net-m.ch>.
Thank you very much.