Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jianhui Zhang <jh...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/04 23:43:44 UTC

Can I change the IP/hostname of the dfs name without data loss?

Hadoop version: hadoop-0.20.205.0

My NN machine has 2 IP addresses and 2 hostnames assigned to them
respectively. I have configured "fs.default.name" using one of the
hostnames and used the cluster for a while.

Now, I may have to move the "fs.default.name" to the other IP/hostname of
the same machine. If no other configurations change (such as the
directories), can I simply change "fs.default.name" to the new hostname and
restart NN?

Thanks,
James