Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/02 17:50:27 UTC

Release soon

The summer is over and it's a great time for a new release of Rya.  .  I
plan to do a release in a couple of weeks.

I am working through "How To Release Rya" on our wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RYA/How+To+Release+Rya
This is step one, Communicate.  :-)

Let me know if you have pull requests that should be included.  I plan to
merge a couple that update dependencies and then as many more as I can.

I am now working on testing Pull Request #309 -  update Java 8 and
Zookeeper installation

david.

Re: review website updates please

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.
In the latest announcement rejection, we get an explanation, below.  As I
write this, our site is in 2019.  Each page should show copyright 2021 at
the bottom.  The KEYS link is fixed BTW.
Apparently, you can see the latest if you add "us." to the url:
http://rya.us.apache.org/
Everybody go to the Jira link below and vote it up.  Not sure if it will
matter, but it can't hurt.

Sorry, still cannot approve the announce.
It turns out that one of the ASF servers has stale data.
I have raised a JIRA with INFRA:

This needs to be fixed before the announce can be published, because not
only is the KEYS link wrong, but version 4.0.1 is not present on the page.
Sebb.
<<<<< -------------------- <<<<<
david.

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
David: that’s the page I was looking at. I think the mobile version of the
page didn’t link well.

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
Here’s a better link

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.
Here are the PR's to review:
https://github.com/apache/rya-site/pull/12    Markdown version
https://github.com/apache/rya-site/pull/13    HTML version generated by
Jekyll.
<https://github.com/apache/rya-site/pull/12>david.

review website updates please

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.
Please take a look at the website updates.  I added release and notes
pages, changed copyrights to 2021 and eliminated a couple more incubator
references.
I will migrate tomorrow and send the announcement postings.

BTW, the release is in place -- since 12/22/2020.  The
announcement has been waiting on my website changes.  Sorry for the delay!
david.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Rya version 4.0.1 RC1

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
The vote to release Rya version 4.0.1 RC1 has passed.

+4 (binding):
(Members of PMC)

+0 (non binding):
(Everyone else)

Thank you all for voting!
I will promote the artifacts to the central repository.
david.

Re: [VOTE] Release Rya version 4.0.1 RC1

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Puja Valiyil <pu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.
+1

    #321 by adinancr
RYA-520 Update year in NOTICE
    #319 by wollefitz
Dependency updates and fixes for vagrant example VM
    #309 by furkanozbay #318 by DLotts
RYA-529 fixed boundless and locationtech repos in main pom in Rya v4
    #314 #313 by DLotts
[SECURITY] Use HTTPS to resolve dependencies in Maven Build
    #312 by JLLeitschuh
    #311 by rplst8

Re: Release 4.0.1 (four dot zero dot one) Last call for pull requests

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.
FYI: I just submitted a Jira request for creating distribution
directories.  INFRA-21201
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21201>
We have incubators directories on  the incubator side:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/rya

They will create these and possibly more:

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.
Sorry typo on the old subject.  v4.0.1 is correct.

Release 4.0.2 Last call for pull requests