Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by I-Lin Kuo <ik...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/29 18:59:10 UTC

cocoon-reload working

Using 2.0.4

ques 1: What does cocoon-reload=true actually do? Chap 6 of Langham-Ziegler
says that it forces a reload cocoon.xconf, but what effect does it have on
web.xml or sessions?

ques 2:

I have
    <init-param>
      <param-name>allow-reload</param-name>
      <param-value>yes</param-value>
    </init-param>
and used http://myDomain:8080/cocoon?cocoon-reload=true

but it doesn't seem to have restarted, as I get the following:

Cocoon 2 - Resource not found

type resource-not-found
message Resource not found
description The requested URI "/cocoon/" was not found.
source Cocoon servlet
request-uri
/cocoon/
path-info

Thanks for any help!

I-Lin Kuo, Ann Arbor, MI
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion 5.0 Advanced Developer
Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer
Ann Arbor Java Users Group (www.aajug.org) SUN Top 25 JUG

Re: cocoon-reload working

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
I-Lin Kuo wrote:
> Using 2.0.4
>
> ques 1: What does cocoon-reload=true actually do? Chap 6 of
> Langham-Ziegler says that it forces a reload cocoon.xconf, but what
> effect does it have on web.xml or sessions?

Hmmm.  I don't think it will affect web.xml reloading or sessions.  Just
as your book says, the cocoon servlet holds a reference to a Cocoon
object ?cocoon-reload forces it to reload this object, which means
changes to cocoon.xconf and the other xconfs are reloaded at that time.
  Ususally servlet containers have similar settings for the whole
webapp.  If you use these, you don't need allow-reload.

By the way, this setting should _never_ be left turned on for a live
Cocoon deploy.

> ques 2:
>
> I have
>    <init-param>
>      <param-name>allow-reload</param-name>
>      <param-value>yes</param-value>
>    </init-param>
> and used http://myDomain:8080/cocoon?cocoon-reload=true
>
> but it doesn't seem to have restarted, as I get the following:
>
> Cocoon 2 - Resource not found

> type resource-not-found
> message Resource not found
> description The requested URI "/cocoon/" was not found.
> sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
> source Cocoon servlet
> request-uri
> /cocoon/
> path-info

There was an occasionally re-occuring bug related to reloads which may
be present in 2.0.4.  If it is not already in bugzilla, please add a bug
there for this problem if you can confirm it.  Is there an error in
Tomcat's logs or Cocoon's logs?

Even better, try with the cvs version of 2.0 - perhaps its been fixed
there and has not yet come up for release?

Geoff