Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Josema Alonso <al...@aafunky.com> on 2002/11/14 17:20:19 UTC

developing/installing custom actions without restarting app server?

Hi, all.

I'm writing some actions for XMLForms. Everytime I modify the file to make
some tests, I have to stop Tomcat, copy the action to the correct
subdirectory under WEB-INF/classes and start it again. If not, Tomcat uses
the old action.

I'm wondering, is being cached somewhere? Is there a way to install the
action and make it work without restarting the server?

Thanks.

RE: developing/installing custom actions without restarting app server?

Posted by Josema Alonso <jo...@josema.net>.
Hey, thanks for the info. i'll try it.

Thanks to all who replied :-)

On top of this, Tomcat 4.x can be configured to allow a web app's
classloader
to reload the complete web app if a class file or a JAR has changed. Which I
believe is quite handy when developing ...

Werner

Posted by Werner Guttmann <We...@morganstanley.com>.

Posted by Charles Brewster <ch...@shaw.ca>.

Re: R: Strings to SAX events

Posted by Andy Lewis <aj...@ascii27.net>.
This should really be a code snippet...

> Hi Damian,
>
> Perhaps it helps : If you are in XSP, the following tags resolve it without java code :

> <xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
> xmlns:util="http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0">
> <util:include-expr>
> <util:expr><xsp:expr>
> yourXMLString
> </xsp:expr></util:expr>
> </util:include-expr>
>
> Regards,
>
> Ludovic

"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."

Re: developing/installing custom actions without restarting app server?

Posted by Josema Alonso <al...@aafunky.com>.
Ouch...

Thanks, Reinhard.

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@gmx.net>.