Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2004/01/09 15:36:35 UTC

lateral search box in krysalis-site

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 brondsem@apache.org wrote:

> brondsem    2004/01/09 06:33:32
>
>   Modified:    src/core/context/skins/krysalis-site/xslt/html
>                         site2xhtml.xsl
>   Log:
>   lateral search box respects $config/disable-search
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.9       +10 -6     xml-forrest/src/core/context/skins/krysalis-site/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl

If we have a search box on the left side, do we still want the one on the
top?  It seems kinda weird to have both.  I think either looks fine, but
not both.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: lateral search box in krysalis-site

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 brondsem@apache.org wrote:
> >

> >>brondsem    2004/01/09 06:33:32
> >>
> >>  Modified:    src/core/context/skins/krysalis-site/xslt/html
> >>                        site2xhtml.xsl
> >>  Log:
> >>  lateral search box respects $config/disable-search
> >>
> >>  Revision  Changes    Path
> >>  1.9       +10 -6     xml-forrest/src/core/context/skins/krysalis-site/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
> >>

> > If we have a search box on the left side, do we still want the one on the
> > top?  It seems kinda weird to have both.  I think either looks fine, but
> > not both.
>
> Yup, I still have to add an entry in skinconf to toggle it. Tigris-style
> has both too, but I remembered in that case to comment out one of them ;-)
>
> BTW, could you please move the 'nowrap' in the CSS in page.css?
> forrest.css should be used only for things that need information from
> skinconf.xml. TIA

Ah, thanks.  I didn't realize exactly what the difference was between
page.css and forrest.css.xslt

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 brondsem@apache.org wrote:
>

>>brondsem    2004/01/09 06:33:32
>>
>>  Modified:    src/core/context/skins/krysalis-site/xslt/html
>>                        site2xhtml.xsl
>>  Log:
>>  lateral search box respects $config/disable-search
>>
>>  Revision  Changes    Path
>>  1.9       +10 -6     xml-forrest/src/core/context/skins/krysalis-site/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
>>

> If we have a search box on the left side, do we still want the one on the
> top?  It seems kinda weird to have both.  I think either looks fine, but
> not both.

Yup, I still have to add an entry in skinconf to toggle it. Tigris-style
has both too, but I remembered in that case to comment out one of them ;-)

BTW, could you please move the 'nowrap' in the CSS in page.css?
forrest.css should be used only for things that need information from
skinconf.xml. TIA

             - verba volant, scripta manent -