Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave Kingsella <re...@verizon.net> on 2002/01/13 20:30:56 UTC

Errors with PHP on Apache (Windows version)

I have configured Apache 1.3 on a Windows ME machine.  It appears to work
fine until I try to access a PHP Script.

I have followed the procedures to configure PHP, and have tested it from a
command line, it appears to be working fine.

When I imbed a PHP script in my .html file it is just ignored, If i build a
.php file and call it from within my .html file I get various server errors
logged.  Examples of server errors are as follows:

[Sun Jan 13 07:50:08 2002] [error] [client 4.33.163.113] File does not
exist: c:/apache/htdocs/scripts/..%2f/winnt/system32/cmd.exe

[Sat Jan 12 20:40:01 2002] [error] [client 4.33.168.218] Premature end of
script headers: c:/php4win/php.exe

[Sat Jan 12 21:34:56 2002] [error] [client 4.33.176.99] File does not exist:
c:/apache/htdocs/scripts/root.exe

The first error especially would indicate that Apachie thinks it is running
on an NT machine.  I know it is some type of configuration problem, but
being a newbie I really am not sure where to start debugging.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated!

Dave Kingsella
dave.kingsella@verizonl.net

Re: Errors with PHP on Apache (Windows version)

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Dave Kingsella wrote:

> I have configured Apache 1.3 on a Windows ME machine.  It appears to work
> fine until I try to access a PHP Script.
>
> I have followed the procedures to configure PHP, and have tested it from a
> command line, it appears to be working fine.
>
> When I imbed a PHP script in my .html file it is just ignored, If i build a
> .php file and call it from within my .html file I get various server errors
> logged.  Examples of server errors are as follows:
>
> [Sun Jan 13 07:50:08 2002] [error] [client 4.33.163.113] File does not
> exist: c:/apache/htdocs/scripts/..%2f/winnt/system32/cmd.exe
> The first error especially would indicate that Apachie thinks it is running
> on an NT machine.

This error has got nothing to do with your PHP scripts - it's what
happens when an external machine tries to infect you with NIMDA (or Code
Red - can't remember which...). You don't have to worry about this
because this is a IIS virus and apache is completely immune to it since
apache doesn't have the file it is trying to infect (hence "file does
not exist").

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

Re: Errors with PHP on Apache (Windows version)

Posted by Damien Dye <da...@madwire.co.uk>.
I have made a few syntax changes which you appear to haven't  finished
Have a go with it now and let us know
--
Damien J Dye
Madwire Admin

Posted by Dave Kingsella <re...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Damien Dye <da...@madwire.co.uk>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Dave Kingsella [mailto:res0a4fa@verizon.net]

> I have configured Apache 1.3 on a Windows ME machine.  It appears to work
> fine until I try to access a PHP Script.
>
> [Sun Jan 13 07:50:08 2002] [error] [client 4.33.163.113] File does not
> exist: c:/apache/htdocs/scripts/..%2f/winnt/system32/cmd.exe

Nothing to worry about here.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#codered

> [Sat Jan 12 20:40:01 2002] [error] [client 4.33.168.218] Premature end of
> script headers: c:/php4win/php.exe

This means that you haven't configured php correctly, or php is broken.  But
you haven't really given us any clue about what you did to configure PHP.
You will be best off asking in the PHP users mailing list, but remember to
provide more details about your setup.

Joshua.