Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2002/11/12 22:48:50 UTC

Axis 1.01? 1.1?

Now thatAxis 1.0 has been out for a few weeks, its time to start thinking
about an update to, at the very least,

-get out the fix for the current #1 user complaint: servlet.jar client side
-get out dims security fixes
-get out the documentation enhancements
-interop fixes

What do people envisage as a good timeline for a new release? And what is
the preferred roadmap: a bug fix release or a release with new features?

And if it is features, what are the 'must have' items for a next release?

-Steve

(This doesnt mean I want to do a release in the next few weeks - I don't ,
only that setting an approximate timeline maintains momentum)

Re: Axis 1.01? 1.1?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Steve,

+1 for a new release...Given that 43 bugs that got fixed since the release
(http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&resolution=FIXED&chfield=bug_status&chfieldfrom=10%2F7%2F2002&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&product=Axis&cmdtype=doit)

Thanks,
dims

=====
Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/