Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mateamargo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/07 17:13:08 UTC

mvn install doesn't download it the jetty plugin

When I try to do a mvn -U install I get the following error:

Project ID: org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin' from
the re
pository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that
is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:pom:6.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Looking at my local repository, I can see that only the metadata has been
downloaded, not the jar file.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: [m2] mvn install doesn't download it the jetty plugin

Posted by mateamargo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. That solved my problem.

Re: [m2] mvn install doesn't download it the jetty plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Add <version>6.1.1</version> to the plugin node.

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Is there a specific reason you're using version 6.1-SNAPSHOT of this plugin?

A variety of released versions are available from Central:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/mortbay/jetty/maven-jetty-plugin/

I would probably just use version 6.1.0 or 6.1.1.

Posted by mateamargo <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is the output when using the -X parameter:

+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
Maven version: 2.0.5
[DEBUG] Building Maven user-level plugin registry from: 'C:\Documents and
Settin
gs\mateamargo\.m2\plugin-registry.xml'
[DEBUG] Building Maven global-level plugin registry from:
'C:\Leandro\Projects\M
aven\bin\..\conf\plugin-registry.xml'
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[DEBUG] Searching for parent-POM: com.test:project-test::1.0-SNAPSHOT of p
roject: com.test:project-test-admin:war:null in relative path: ../pom.xml
[DEBUG] Parent-POM: com.test:project-test::1.0-SNAPSHOT not found in relat
ive path: ../pom.xml
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: com.test:project-test::1.0-SNAPSHOT for pro
ject: com.test:project-test-admin:war:null from the repository.
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[DEBUG] project-test: resolved to version 1.0-20070223.220012-26 from
repository r
anlogic.internal
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Site Admin Webapp
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
---
[DEBUG] maven-resources-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] maven-resources-plugin: resolved to version 2.2 from repository
central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins::1 for
pro
ject: null:maven-resources-plugin:maven-plugin:2.2 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::1 for project:
org
.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:1 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::1 for project:
org.apache.mave
n:maven-parent:pom:1 from the repository.
[DEBUG] maven-compiler-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] maven-compiler-plugin: resolved to version 2.0.2 from repository
central

[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins::8 for
pro
ject: null:maven-compiler-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0.2 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::5 for project:
org
.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:8 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::3 for project:
org.apache.mave
n:maven-parent:pom:5 from the repository.
[DEBUG] maven-surefire-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] maven-surefire-plugin: resolved to version 2.3 from repository
central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire::2.3 for
proje
ct: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:maven-plugin:2.3 from the
rep
ository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::5 for project:
org
.apache.maven.surefire:surefire:pom:2.3 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::3 for project:
org.apache.mave
n:maven-parent:pom:5 from the repository.
[DEBUG] maven-war-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] maven-war-plugin: resolved to version 2.0.2 from repository central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins::7 for
pro
ject: null:maven-war-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0.2 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM:
org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-surrogate-parent::5
 for project: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:7 from the
repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::3 for project:
org.apache.mave
n:maven-plugin-surrogate-parent:pom:5 from the repository.
[DEBUG] maven-install-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] maven-install-plugin: resolved to version 2.1 from repository
central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-parent::2.0
 for project: null:maven-install-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1 from the
repository.
[DEBUG] cobertura-maven-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] cobertura-maven-plugin: resolved to version 2.1 from repository
central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.codehaus.mojo:mojo::12 for project:
null:cobe
rtura-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1 from the repository.
[DEBUG] maven-checkstyle-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] maven-checkstyle-plugin: resolved to version 2.1 from repository
central

[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins::1 for
pro
ject: null:maven-checkstyle-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::1 for project:
org
.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:1 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::1 for project:
org.apache.mave
n:maven-parent:pom:1 from the repository.
[DEBUG] maven-jetty-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] maven-jetty-plugin: resolved to version 6.1-SNAPSHOT from repository
cen
tral
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin' from
the re
pository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that
is
not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:pom:6.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error resolving
version
for 'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin': Unable to read the metadata file
for
 artifact 'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:pom': Error getting POM for
'org
.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin' from the repository: Failed to resolve
artifa
ct, possibly due to a repository list that is not appropriately equipped for
thi
s artifact's metadata.
  org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:pom:6.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:1266)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindPluginToLifec
ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1221)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycl
eMappings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:987)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:330)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:123)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionResolutionException:
Err
or resolving version for 'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin': Unable to
read
the metadata file for artifact 'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:pom':
Error
 getting POM for 'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin' from the repository:
Fai
led to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is not
appropria
tely equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:pom:6.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolveMe
taVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:681)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePl
uginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:186)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePl
uginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:90)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPlug
inManager.java:161)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:1257)
        ... 17 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.metadata.ArtifactMetadataRetrievalException
: Unable to read the metadata file for artifact
'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-p
lugin:pom': Error getting POM for 'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin'
from th
e repository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list
that
 is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:pom:6.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at
org.apache.maven.project.artifact.MavenMetadataSource.retrieve(MavenM
etadataSource.java:134)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolveMe
taVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:672)
        ... 21 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Error getting
POM
for 'org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin' from the repository: Failed to
resolv
e artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is not appropriately
equipped
 for this artifact's metadata.
  org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:pom:6.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepo
sitory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:516)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromReposito
ry(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:228)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.artifact.MavenMetadataSource.retrieve(MavenM
etadataSource.java:105)
        ... 22 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolutionException:
Faile
d to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is not
appropriate
ly equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:pom:6.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:190)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:73)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepo
sitory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:482)
        ... 24 more
[INFO]

Re: mvn install doesn't download it the jetty plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Try mvn -X to receive more debugging information that might help you
resolve this issue.

Also make sure your <repository> node for Codehaus has
<snapshots><enabled>true</>.