Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2017/06/27 17:53:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] replace sling.apache.org with the new JBake-generated site

Hi,

I have now "finished" the conversion (SLING-6955) with a few TODOs
mentioned at https://github.com/apache/sling-site - mostly the [TOC]
table of contents generation which should be fixed in the next version
of JBake.

The converted website is ready for review at https://sling.apache.org/ng/

Note that links within pages might lead to sling.apache.org instead of
this /ng/ variant as they are absolute and I couldn't get a test
website on / so far.

However links from the left menu as well as from
https://sling.apache.org/ng/sitemap.html are correct, and the download
page (which uses a CGI script from apache.org) looks good at
https://sling.apache.org/ng/downloads.cgi (barring very recent
releases, the content needs to be resynced)

Please have a look at pages that you know well and let me know if you
see anything that would prevent us from activating that new website
instead of the current one.

You can also test the website locally where all links will work (but
not the download page which requires apache.org cgi), the canonical
source is at https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-site.git
and mirrored at https://github.com/apache/sling-site - the README has
instructions for editing and validating content locally.

-Bertrand

Re: [DISCUSS] replace sling.apache.org with the new JBake-generated site

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> wrote:
> ...i've added some issues i've seen to SLING-6955...

Thanks Stefan! I fixed (or deferred) those issues as described there,
could you cross-check?

Do others have remaining issues or are we ready to switch to that new website?

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
hello betrand.

thanks for taking this up - i've added some issues i've seen to SLING-6955.

stefan