Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/05 12:10:46 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.1.0-incubating (RC1) release

Hi PPMC,

I submit the Apache CarbonData 1.1.0-incubating (RC1) to your vote.

Release Notes:
*https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12338987
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12338987>*

Key features of this release are highlighted as below.

   -  Introduced new data format called V3 to improve scan performance (~20
   to 50%).
   -  Alter table support in carbondata. (Only for Spark 2.1)
   -  Supported Batch Sort to improve data loading performance.
   -  Improved Single pass load by upgrading to latest netty framework and
   launched dictionary client for each loading
   -  Supported range filters to combine the between filters to one filter
   to improve the filter performance.
   -  Improve performance as per TPC-H and will provide formal TPC-H report.

Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1011

Git Tag:
apache-carbondata-1.1.0-incubating-rc1

Please vote to approve this release:
[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. If this vote passes (we need
at least 3 binding votes, meaning three votes from the PPMC), I will
forward to general@incubator.apache.org for  the IPMC votes.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravindra

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.1.0-incubating (RC1) release

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
I think better to resolve following issue before 1.1.0 release

document should be synchronized :
[CARBONDATA-865] <https://github.com/apache/incubator-carbondata/pull/734>
[CARBONDATA-862] <https://github.com/apache/incubator-carbondata/pull/731>

bug: