Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Angel Vera <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/21 21:18:40 UTC

Mail errors..

Ever since I changed my server from using yahoo as a smtp server, to start using gmail. I have been getting this weird errors on my log about mails [1]...

I found this post from a ubuntu forum, which I will attemp, but I wonder if roller is actually making use of relays.ordb. or something..  [2]

[1]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
WARN  2008-04-18 22:33:07,150 MailUtil:sendEmailNotification - Exception sending comment notification mail
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Unable to send message to some recipients;
  nested exception is:
        javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
  nested exception is:
        com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [127.0.0.1] blocked using relays.ordb.
org; ordb.org was shut down on December 18, 2006. Please remove from your mailserver.
;
  nested exception is:
        com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [127.0.0.1] blocked using relays.ordb.
org; ordb.org was shut down on December 18, 2006. Please remove from your mailserver.

        at org.apache.roller.weblogger.util.MailUtil.sendMessage(MailUtil.java:640)
        at org.apache.roller.weblogger.util.MailUtil.sendHTMLMessage(MailUtil.java:773)
        at org.apache.roller.weblogger.util.MailUtil.sendEmailNotification(MailUtil.java:435)
        at org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.servlets.CommentServlet.doPost(CommentServlet.java:332)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:413)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:99)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
        at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:97)
        at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
        at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
        at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=185913&page=14

Re: Mail errors..

Posted by Peter Evans <pe...@ixp.jp>.
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:18:40PM -0700, Angel Vera wrote:
> Ever since I changed my server from using yahoo as a smtp server, to start using gmail. I have been getting this weird errors on my log about mails [1]...
>

> I found this post from a ubuntu forum, which I will attemp, but I wonder if roller is actually making use of relays.ordb. or something..  [2]

	Well, the error message alone should have directed you. Not, strictly speaking,
	a java // roller issue.

	Their solution though "remove all rbl entries" is pretty clueless, and it makes
	me wonder what/who your setup was.

	If your mail server accepts mail from the outside world, then you _DO_
	want some blocklists to keep the scum^Wemail marketers like e360 out of your box.

	However, since you're connecting on localhost, you probably shouldn't apply
	blocklists there. Localhost is you, you know it is you and hopefully you know
	how to configure and manage your machine.

	edit master.cf in wherever the hell random flavour of unix puts it to remove
	rbls from the localhost connection.

	for more information, try a postfix site.