Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/09 19:14:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.35.2

Hello IPMC,

The Apache Superset (incubating) community has voted on and approved a
proposal to

release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.35.2.

The voting thread can be found here:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rf8b1cbe6c880d408583448e5a96e0eeee8b90da1258c7cdaf4658836%40%3Cdev.superset.apache.org%3E

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this

incubator release.

Apache Superset (incubating) is a modern, enterprise-ready business
intelligence web application.

The release candidate:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/0.35.2rc2/

Git tag for the release:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/tree/0.35.2rc2

The Change Log for the release:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/0.35.2rc2/CHANGELOG.md

public keys are available at:

https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/superset/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number

of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,

The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.35.2

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
+1 (binding) with some minor comments below

Checked:
- incubating in name
- checksum
- signature
- didn't appear to have any binary files within tarball (apart from images)
- builds from source (with version change)

Comments:
- I followed the instructions in RELEASING/README.md to build from source
but it wasn't clear whether there was an alternative way; perhaps mention
some clearer instructions on building from source in the root README.md or
INSTALL.md for next release
- the root README.md seems to have an old link wrt contributing which
should be fixed when you get a chance
- RELEASING/README.md has a 0.33.xx version which should be 0.35.xx. It
seems to be either a typo or a hard-coded value which should be automated
at some point. I don't regard it as a showstopper since it seems an obvious
typo to me.

Cheers, Paul.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.35.2

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to everyone that participated. The vote to release

Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.35.2 is now closed.

The vote PASSED with 3 binding +1, 0 non binding +1 and 0 -1 votes:

Binding votes:

- Alan

- Paul

- Justin

We will work to complete the release process.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes are fine
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE is fine
- NOTICE year needs updating
- No unexpected binary files
- All source files have ASF headers
- didn’t compile from source

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.35.2

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
+1.  I checked the LICENSE, NOTICE, and DISCLAIMER files, and the
signatures.  Looked for any files that weren't properly licensed and
checked for any non-image binaries.

One small note for next time, you should update the copyright notice in the
NOTICE file to 2020.

Alan.

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Justin and Paul,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

It may also be a good idea to remind your mentors to vote - who are IPMC members.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.35.2

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Dear IPMC,