Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl> on 2007/01/19 11:40:08 UTC

[2.2] block cocoon-fop excluded from build

Hi,

It looks like the block cocoon-fop is excluded from the build. The sub
module cocoon-fop-ng-impl can't be build because the dependency fop
0.92beta is missing (there's only fop:fop:0.20.5 in the repository).

Is anybody here at cocoon allowed to publish the dependency to
maven-central, or to publish it anywhere else so that we can enable the
fop block in the build again?

Besides that, it looks like fop 0.93 is released. There is a jdk1.3 and
a jdk1.4 version available. Maybe we can update to that version right
away.

If it isn't possible to publish the new fop jars to some repository, I
think we should enable the cocoon-fop-impl block again, and exclude only
the cocoon-fop-ng-impl block. I don't see any reason not to include
cocoon-fop-impl in the build.

Thanks,
Bart.

Re: [2.2] block cocoon-fop excluded from build

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
Bart Molenkamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like the block cocoon-fop is excluded from the build. The sub
> module cocoon-fop-ng-impl can't be build because the dependency fop
> 0.92beta is missing (there's only fop:fop:0.20.5 in the repository).
>
> Is anybody here at cocoon allowed to publish the dependency to
> maven-central, or to publish it anywhere else so that we can enable the
> fop block in the build again?
>
> Besides that, it looks like fop 0.93 is released. There is a jdk1.3 and
> a jdk1.4 version available. Maybe we can update to that version right
> away.

There's a recent thread on the FOP mailing list about getting 0.93 into
the maven repo:
http://www.nabble.com/Apache-FOP-0.93-Released-t2941798.html#a8244361

I volunteer to follow up on this with the FOP folks.

> If it isn't possible to publish the new fop jars to some repository, I
> think we should enable the cocoon-fop-impl block again, and exclude only
> the cocoon-fop-ng-impl block. I don't see any reason not to include
> cocoon-fop-impl in the build.

Agreed.  I've just committed this change.