Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/14 18:25:01 UTC

multiple Tomcat5 service-how

Hello
I have three sites I want to publish w/cc transactions
with Tomcat5.  Is it possible to do it with one
installation of TC and three separate certificates and
three separate static IPs?

I assume I would create three Services.  However I
cannot see where to hardcode in the specific IP and
where designate a different webapps directory for each
Service.

Is this really only possible with modjk2 and Apache? tia.

Re: multiple Tomcat5 service-how

Posted by Chris Lear <ch...@laculine.com>.
* Chris Pat wrote (14/12/05 17:25):
> Hello
> I have three sites I want to publish w/cc transactions
> with Tomcat5.  Is it possible to do it with one
> installation of TC and three separate certificates and
> three separate static IPs?
>
> I assume I would create three Services.  However I
> cannot see where to hardcode in the specific IP and
> where designate a different webapps directory for each
> Service.

The IP address goes into the connector. It's called address. The webapps
directory is set in the host. It's called appBase. Have a look at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/ for all the options.

eg:

  <Service name="S1">
  <Connector port="8080" address="10.0.0.1"/>
  <Engine name="Catalina">
  <Host name="host1" appBase="webapps1"/>
  </Engine>
  </Service>

  <Service name="S2">
  <Connector port="8080" address="10.0.0.2"/>
  <Engine name="Catalina">
  <Host name="host2" appBase="webapps2"/>
  </Engine>
  </Service>