Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tim Koop <ti...@timkoop.com> on 2010/09/15 18:38:23 UTC

How to display form success?

  Hi everyone.  I hope this is a quick and easy question.

I want to show a "Form successfully submitted" message, so in my Page
object I have this:

     @Persist
     @Property
     private boolean showSuccess;

Then in my onSuccess method I have this:

     private void onSuccess() {
         showSuccess = true;
     }

My question is this: where do I set showSuccess to be false?  If the
user ever comes back to the page again, the value will still be true but
it should be false.  If I set it false in pageLoaded or pageAttached, it
will always be false because that happens after onSuccess (on the reload).

Thanks.

--
Tim Koop
tim@timkoop.com <ma...@timkoop.com>

Re: How to display form success?

Posted by Elin <po...@gmail.com>.
Im a bit newbie but im thinking that you could just check the boolean after
render is done and if the boolean is true, set it to false again :/

Re: How to display form success?

Posted by Rich M <ri...@moremagic.com>.
Here is how I tend to handle it:

@Property @Persist("flash")
     private String commitMessage;

public void onPrepare(){
         if(commitMessage == null)
             commitMessage = "";
     }

void onSuccessFromUserForm(){
         try{
             //update call
             commitMessage = "User " + user.getId() + " was successfully
updated!";
         }catch(Exception e){
             commitMessage = "Failed to update user " + user.getId();
         }
    }

then in the tml I just have ${commitMessage} where I want it to display.
If there is a reason this won't work, you could consider making the
boolean false at a later render phase like afterRender I'd imagine.

-Rich

Posted by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com>.
  Use: @Persist(PersistenceConstants.FLASH)

Cheers,