Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by da...@chaosreigns.com on 2014/06/19 11:00:27 UTC

Rule updates are too old - 2014-06-19

20140618:  Spam or ham is below threshold of 150,000:  http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/?daterev=20140618
20140618:  Spam: 46551, Ham: 145401

The spam and ham counts on which this script alerts are from
http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/?daterev=20140618
Click "(source details)" (it's tiny and low contrast).
It's from the second and third columns of the line that ends with
"(all messages)"

The source to this script is
http://www.chaosreigns.com/sa/update-version-mon.pl

Zones2 Email Fixed

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 6/19/2014 11:56 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> But ruleqa is not working and the latest hurdle is that I found Zones2
> never had email finished on it.  To me, it's half installed with
> sendmail and half with procmail and has over 5000 emails queued up for
> delivery...
>
> So fixing that now takes me down a rabbithole so I can find out what's
> supposed to happen on that system.
So I fixed postfix on zones2 and dequeued some 5500 emails.  Now
hopefully I can find out what's broken on that system and theoretically
lead me to the problem with ruleQA.

regards,
KAM

Re: Rule updates are too old - 2014-06-19

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
First, in case anyone wants an update, we do appear to be publishing
rules though I've only been checking trunk.

But ruleqa is not working and the latest hurdle is that I found Zones2
never had email finished on it.  To me, it's half installed with
sendmail and half with procmail and has over 5000 emails queued up for
delivery...

So fixing that now takes me down a rabbithole so I can find out what's
supposed to happen on that system.

Darxus, any way you can have the script ALSO check the DNS entries and
list them in the email as well as checking ruleqa?  If DNS is changed,
we published a rule:

TXT 1.4.3.updates.spamassassin.org
TXT 0.4.3.updates.spamassassin.org
TXT 3.3.3.updates.spamassassin.org

And post the entries from the last few days perhaps?    That will show
the trend much more accurately I think.

Regards,
KAM