Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Tim Dry <TD...@yet2.com> on 2002/04/19 20:36:17 UTC

Mixing Literal and SOAP Encoding

    I have an application where I would like to be able to send an Element
and a Vector of DataHandlers. Since the server will return an Element, I set
the default encoding style to NS_URI_LITERAL_XML using setEncodingStyleURI.
When I create the parameter that includes the Vector, I use NS_URI_SOAP_ENC
as the encoding type. The problem seems to be that the Vector is serialized
using SOAP Encoding, but the SOAP code then attempts to serialize the
DataHandlers using Literal XML which generates an exception.
    Is there a better way to do this? Is there a way to get SOAP to
serialize the Vector and it's contents using SOAP Encoding even with the
default encoding is set to Literal XML? Could I write my own mapping
registry to force SOAP to encode these objects the way that I want? If it
matters, I'm using SOAP 2.2 on Sun/Solaris under Tomcat.
Thanks in Advance,
Tim Dry