Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Supun Abeysinghe <su...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2019/05/02 09:57:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Tuning Apache Web Server Parameters

Hi all,

I'm working on a project to dynamically tune the parameters of the Apache
web server. I'm particularly looking at changing MaxRequestWorkers
(formerly known as MaxClients) parameter by looking at runtime
characteristics. I have tried setting the parameter using the
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf file, and gracefully restarting the server.
However, the value set for MaxRequestWorkers does not seem to get reflected
after the restart (I checked the running processes). Is there any
alternative way of doing this?

I have found similar work [1] doing the same thing, but could not find
their implementations.

Any help or pointers would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Supun

[1]
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.92.8159&rep=rep1&type=pdf

--
*Supun Abeysinghe*
Undergrad, Department of Computer Science and Engineering,

Re: [users@httpd] Tuning Apache Web Server Parameters

Posted by Supun Abeysinghe <su...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Yeah, I have double checked that. I have set the ServerValue param to a
larger value. In fact, even when I reduce the MaxRequestWorkers it does not
reduce. Is graceful restart supposed to load that configuration and make it
affect?

Posted by Rainer Canavan <ra...@sevenval.com>.