Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michiel Slot <sl...@productandconcept.com> on 2004/02/23 11:33:50 UTC

ServletException: Class `org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet'

I've chosen to upgrade to Struts 1.2 to apply wildmatches to my
Tiles-actions.. After upgrading from Struts 1.1 to 1.2(I've tried several
recent nightly builds) I get the following error while opening a page:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class
`org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet'

What is happening? When I explore the package org.apache.struts.tiles it
seems to me that ActionComponentServlet is gone... what to do now?

Problem with tiles

Posted by Michiel Slot <sl...@productandconcept.com>.
Ok, fixed my previous problem:
'org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet' has been removed.

So instead of that I now use the plug-in tag. Strangely enough it returns
white pages with an empty HTML body with only a queer ONUNLOAD in it,
sometimes. What goes wrong? With Struts 1.1 everything goes fine...

Web.xml:

	<taglib>
		<taglib-uri>/tags/struts-nested</taglib-uri>

<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-nested.tld</taglib-location>
	</taglib>

Struts-config.xml:
<controller processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor">

<plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin" >
<set-property property="definitions-config" value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml"
/>
<set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true" />
<set-property property="moduleAware" value="true" />
</plug-in>

Thanks