Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Bert Wendler <be...@confuture.com> on 2002/11/12 10:40:03 UTC

Re: File upload how to

Hi,

this gonna be a runnning gag.

I had this problem and read something about a patch and the advise to use
2.2. Couldn't find the patch and didn't want to switch over to 2.2. But
changing the tr.props-parameter "services.UploadService.size.threshold" to
zero did the job. May be this is already the patch.

The meaning of this parameter is: Turbine.UploadService tries to keep
uploaded files in memory if they are small enough. "size.treshold" says which
size is the maximum for this. Apparently Turbine simply forgets the content
of the file instead keeping it in memory. Upload with using temporary files
works though. So changing the parameter to zero just switches the memory
version off.

Did I understand it right? Is this the patch?

Hope it helps,
Bert.

Am Dienstag, 12. November 2002 21:02 schrieben Sie:

--
Bert Wendler
confuture Innovationssysteme GmbH

mail: bert.wendler@confuture.com
web: www.confuture.com
tel: 0341 / 55 00 89 - 31
fax: 0341 / 55 00 89 - 90
mobil: 0174 / 131 79 26

RE: File upload

Posted by K Nataraj <kn...@prodapt.com>.
This is a bug in the File names FileITem.java where the Stream is not
closed. so i downloaded the patch and put it inside turbine.jar file
replacing the older FileItem.class by the new one. Iam attaching the
FileItem.class file with this mail.This resides in the directory

org.apache.turbine.util.upload

All you have to do is put this class file inside this directory in your
turbine.jar file.. It works..