Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Shalini Singh <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/30 08:53:40 UTC

Spark - global cache

Hello,

Currently am exploring Spark so as to use it as a caching framework.
Basically, the modules require access to local as well as global cache and
so was looking of ways of sharing RDDs across programs.

Came across this discussion, which says currently we cannot share RDDs
across spark programs but there is some work going on for this.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/spark-users/cache/spark-users/hXsivEoZiyQ/WUZhdXZgxWsJ

Would like to see possibly by when that module would be available for us to
use.

Thanks,

Shalini

Re: Spark - global cache